Jennifer Buchanan is a Music Therapist, founder of JB Music Therapy, Author of two award-winning books and Past-President of the Canadian Association of Music Therapists.
As a highly regarded trailblazer in the health, therapy and wellness arenas Jennifer has witnessed the remarkable power of music to transform the lives of thousands of groups and individuals from infants through to seniors, from the corporate lunchroom to the palliative care unit, from the classroom to correction centre, and with people struggling with their mental health to those living with dementia.
Her company JB Music Therapy Inc., is home to a specialized team of 23 who serve well over 170 locations each week. Together they have been thrice nominated for the Community Impact Award by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce as well as received professional recognition awards from several disability and mental health organizations.
In an engaging, informative, and passionate keynote, Jennifer Buchanan can speak to:
- The compelling clinical research that has been conducted on music’s therapeutic effects: from brain injury victims to cancer patients, how music therapy is making waves in the scientific community and changing lives.
- Simple, straightforward strategies and exercises you can start employing today to reap the remarkable, immediate benefits of music in your own work and home.
- Music as a master connector and health supporter and why we should be listening to more music, more intentionally.
- Amazing anecdotes and personal stories from JB Music Therapy clients
- Arts funding and social prescriptions and why we must not dismiss the arts as an extraneous expense in times of economic downturn – arts spending is actually more cost-effective than you might think!
- And how she got here – with an award-winning team and business even after her first accountant said her business model was destined to fail.
Jennifer has her Executive Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and learned how to swim when she was 37.
Here is what Don Felder, lead guitarist of the Eagles said after working with Jennifer:
Through her work, Jennifer has touched many people in ways that could only be accomplished with both her special gift and her music – one of the most heartwarming experiences of my life.